Time & Location
10 Jul 2022, 07:00 – 12:00 SAST
Sandton, 21 North St, Illovo, Sandton, 2188, South Africa
About the event
WANDERERS ROAD RACE
WITH DISCOVERY VITALITY
SUNDAY, 10 July 2022
21.1 KM | 10KM | 5KM Fun Run
The Wanderers Club
Get fired up this running season with the Vitality Run Series. Complete five of the most iconic races in
Joburg and earn Vitality points. This is race 3 of 5 in the series. Whether you’re a first-timer or an avid
runner, you can join in on the action.
Electronically timed event (mat to mat)
Entries for all races are available online at here.
Entries are limited to 4500 entries across all distances:
2500 for 21.1km; 1000 for 10km; 1000 for 5km fun run
For more information, please visit the Wanderers Club at wacza.co.za
Race Entry Collection
Friday 8 and Saturday, 9 July 2022, 10h00 – 16h00 at The Wanderers Club, top field.
Sunday, 10 July 2022 before the race event from 05h30 at The Wanderers Club, Top Field
Entries will also be available and accepted at the following shop:
The Sweat Shop
(011) 325 2567 Dunkeld West Centre, Cnr Jan Smuts and Bompas, Dunkeld
Start Time, Place, Distance & Time
10km and 21.1km 07h30, Venus Street
5km fun run 08h00, Venus Street
DISTANCE PRE-ENTRY (CLOSING 26 JUNE 2022) TEMP LICENCE
21.1km R200 R35
10km R150 R30
21.1km and 10km (60+ years) R100 (21.1km)
and R75 (10km)
and R30 (10km)
5km fun run R100
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points for completing the race
Distance Vitality fitness points
5 km: 300 + 500 bonus points = 800 pts
10 km: 600 + 500 booster pts = 1100 pts
21 km: 1500 + 500 booster pts = 2000 pts
Terms, conditions and limits apply
Prize Giving at 09h30
Equal prize money for male & female.
Rules For The 10km And 21.1km Races
• The race is held in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
Race Rules and COVID-19 Requirements
• The 21.1km, 10km and 5km race start is in Venus Street
• Include proof of vaccination or negative PCR or Antigen test at race number collection
• Contenders for prizes to start at 07:30 (start to mat timing), rest of the field mat to
mat timing will apply.
• Please do not park on the race route
• Race results will be available
• Race office: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact Hilde 0633890681
• Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race
against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their
participation in the race.
• All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they are
medically fit to participate.
• All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number
and entry form.
• Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2022 licence number on the back and front of
their vests, with the race number worn on the front of their vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear
their 2022 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence on the day or face disqualification.
• Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence on the back
of their vest. No temporary licences are issued for marathons or ultra-marathons.
• Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on
the back and front of their running vest.
• No seconding allowed.
• International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers
and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
• Walkers competing for walkers prizes (if any) must wear walker tags on the front and back of their
• No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
• No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or
wheelchair athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race
organiser. All these participants must start at the back of the field.
• No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
• Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes.
• The domicilium rule apply.
• Minimum age for participation: 21.1km | 16 years old and 10km | 15 years old.
• Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be
withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
• Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible
• No refunds.
• No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of the
IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
• Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement has been
made with the race organiser.
• The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs
or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying
• Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any
benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
• Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called
to a CGA disciplinary.
• Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be
disqualified if they litter.
• Cut-off time for all events is 3 hours (10h30).
• All participants to be fully vaccinated or present with negative PCR/ antigen test.
• Vaccination certificates or negative PCR/antigen test to be presented when collecting entries.
• Club gazebos allowed depending on COVID-19 restrictions at the time of the race.
• Staggered start to avoid bunching at the start if necessary and depending on COVID-19 restrictions.
For Vitality members:
I hereby consent that PeakTiming will share my data with Discovery Vitality for the purpose of
awarding Vitality points.
For Vitality members:
I hereby consent that PeakTiming will share my data with Discovery Vitality for the purpose of entry into the
Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd. Registration number: 1999/007736/07. Terms, conditions and limits apply